Food- Eating in London
London as Cosmopolitan City almost every world cuisine can be sampled somewhere in London- American, Arabian, Bangladeshi, Columbian, French, Indian, Japanese Sushi, Jamaican, Iranian, Lebanese, German, Mexican, Spanish Pakistani, Vietnamese etc.
Despite the cosmopolitan tastes of the younger generations, a more ‘traditional’ British menu like English Breakfast, Afternoon Teas, Dinner with Roast is still widely available at restaurants.
For more please visit BBC-London Food at Present Day. At the end of this page, there are more information on London Food like British Foods, Where to eat, Food Tour, Food Blog & Tipping Guide
What to Eat in London
You will find all types of foods everywhere in London. English Foods, Kebab Shop, Curry House, Chinese takeaway, Fish & Chip, Coffee house, Pubs, Restaurants all will be within your reach. You can get foods at Chemist shop, Supermarkets, Beauty shop, 24 hour express shop etc. They all are made up from best blenders, so that you get great taste.
Meet your demand spending from £2 to maximum what you want. There are plenty of choices and options available to pick according to your budget. Whatever you spend, food standards are high. Only London can accommodate from very low budget traveller to highly luxurious traveller.
Kebab Shop, Fish & Chips– You can see them everywhere but major in Bricklane, White Chapel, Green Street, Upton Park, East Ham (East London)
Curry food/Restaurants– seen on high streets but major in Bricklane, East London.
Chinese Foods/Takeaway – Chinese restaurants are also seen but major in Soho, Leicester Square
Moroccan, Afghan cuisine And Middle eastern cuisine– Major in Queensway, Edgware Road.
London’s Pubs & English Foods– Everywhere. They are good for inexpensive meal and incomparable atmosphere. They have a Bar services
Some Basic Tips
01. Tips– A 10% tip for good service – and only for good service – is the general rule. Be sure to check your bill because a gratuity might already be included. Also to check bills as waiters are not beyond making mistakes. Please read Tipping section for details.
02. Dress Code– “Smart casual” is fine everywhere. In the top end hotels and restaurants you may find some places that require men to wear a jacket, a tiny number of places also insist on a tie.
In pubs and modest restaurants anything goes except that bare chested men will usually not be served.
03. Refills– Free refills are uncommon in London. The Majority of restaurants will bring you a bottle/can of soda which isn’t refillable. Some restaurants do have free refills such as Pizza Hut or Harvesters but the majority don’t
04. Soda– The term Soda is not used for soft drinks (there is baking soda and soda crystals which are used for cleaning)
05. Fizzy drinks– Carbonated drinks are better known as fizzy drinks, the can, carton or bottle container will normally indicate ‘sparkling or still’
More on London Foods
But whenever you have a chance, do not miss to visit the Market Street. You will have an unique feeling with British Food, British Cultures and British Gifts & Souvenirs etc. Market Street Food & Shopping
Traditional English food has made a dramatic comeback to the City recently. Enjoy fresh, local produce and some tasty English foods for the ultimate in English luxury. There is something uniquely comforting about familiar food. Would like to know more about British Food, visit the following website Wikipedia- British Cuisine About.com- Traditional British Recipes BBC- […]
There are many places to eat in London. You will find almost all foods here like English, Asian, Mediterranean, Japanese, Chinese etc. Places to Eat- Search the best to your taste A traveller who is new to this city don’t need to worry about where to eat and what food. Get some ideas & sources […]
London Food Tour is an excellent way to know & enjoy London Food. Tour organizer will take you to the famous London Food Place and will brief the Food history, significance, Ingredients etc. You will be in a group consists of 10-15 same-minded people like you. They also arrange Food Tour for Corporate. Food Tour […]
Food Blog is a good way to read the reviews on Restaurant, Food, Food Place etc. Someone usually share their experience. Food Blog on London Food: Fish & Chips, Breakfast, Cream Tea, Roast Dinner Enjoy reading these food blogs and have a good idea about best places to eat and what to eat. 01. LondonEater […]
Sometimes we are uncertain about the tips need to pay Restaurant Waiter, Pubs, Taxi Drivers, Hotel servicemen etc. Tipping at the Restaurant First of all you need to know ‘Tipping is not compulsory in London but practically it is seen some places in London. Keep the following in your mind whilst giving tipping. At Restaurants, […]