10 Best Attractions & Editors Choice
British Museum- Always No. 01 Choice by Tourist
10 BEST ATTRACTIONS & EDITOR’S CHOICE
London is a driving force – spanning thousands years of culture, history, and architecture. 18th century’s writer Samuel Johnson perfectly said “When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life. It is one of the largest cities in the world with a population of 8.615 million people. It is bigger than New York (659 sq-m vs. 468.9 sq- m).
The world has spoken- London became the world’s top tourist destination (March 5, 2014), ALVA) attracting upward of 16 million visitors in year 2013
This will be a really hard job when you are going to choose what to see in London or best 10 London Attractions among hundreds of attractions. All London Attractions in fact demand your time to visit them.
But we list here Ten London Attractions based on statistics of Numbers of Visitors released by Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA) alongside our recommendations.
TOP 10 LONDON ATTRACTIONS
Click for Brief History, Address, Media
01. British Museum– 6,701,036
02. national-gallery– 6,031,574
03. natural-history-museum– 5,356,884
04. tate– 4,884,939
05. Science Museum– 3,316,00
06. Victoria and Albert Museum– 3,290,500
07. Tower of London– 2,894,698
08. Somerset House– 2,398,066
09. St Paul Cathedral– 2,138,130
10. Westminster Abbey– 2,020,637
(Numeric figure denotes number of visits by visitors)
The full table of ALVA member visitor figures for 2013 is available at ALVA website
EDITOR’S BEST PICK- EXPLORE THE BEST OF LONDON ATTRACTIONS
You will miss greatly if you don’t consider the other attractions. Based on statistics, travellers’ experience and recommendations from other Travel Organizations, we provide here a list of London Attractions from which you can draw up your plan for attractions to be seen at the minimum.
01. British Museum
06. british-parliament-house & its Surrounding like Bigben (Elizabeth Tower), climb-up-big-ben, Parliament Square, Westminster Abbey, Churchill’s War Cabinet Room, Whitehall, Downing Street, Horse Guards, Banqueting House, cenotaph
07. Buckingham Palace & its Surroundings like changing-guard-buckingham-palace, Clarence House, St. James’s Palace, Wellington Arch, Constitution Hill, St. James Park, red-route-pall-mall, Hyde Park, The Serpentine Lake (inside Hyde Park), The Princess Diana Memorial Fountain (inside Hyde Park), Speaker’s Corner(inside Hyde Park)
13. Kew Palace & Royal Botanic Gardens
15. China Town, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, West End Area,
17. The Monument
18. ZSL London Zoo
20. Shopping Places & Exclusive Brand Shops. Exclusive Brand Shop like Harrods, Hamley, Selfridges etc and Shopping Places like Oxfords Street, Regent Street, Westfield etc. and famous Street Market like Borough Market, Camden Town, Bricklane Bangla Town, Portobello Market etc
Visitors are very much welcome to the Greatest City London. You will find London Tourist Information Centres within your reach. Click the link to get their addresses. Addresses of London Tourist Information Centres. If you are looking for Travel Information, click here Travel Information for Visitors. Any problem, need help- why not to seek Police help London Met Police-Your Friend Always
You are always welcome if you need any help or support in choosing London Attractions or booking. Just email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. LondonTourist.net is for London Tourist, A Complete London Guide